The data controller for this website is Cymdeithas Caer Las.
What data we need
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts
- how you use our emails - for example whether you open them and which links you click on your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
The legal basis for processing this data is legitimate interest.
Why we need it
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use CAERLAS.ORG. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements, for example improving site search.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on CAERLAS.ORG
- how long you spend on each CAERLAS.ORG page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
We also collect data in order to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
- provide you with information about our services
What we do with your data
The data we collect may be shared with our web host and Google Inc. for the purposes mentioned above.
We will not:
- sell, rent or lease your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
In general, this means that we will only hold your personal data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years.
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at any stage, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
Your personal data may, throughout the course of its processing, be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Where this is the case, all appropriate technical and legal safeguards will be put in place to ensure that you are afforded the same level of protection as within the EEA.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
Caer Las is committed to maintaining the security of your personal information. We are committed to reducing risks of human error, theft, fraud, and misuse of our IT facilities. We make staff aware of security policies and train our employees to implement them. Our staff are obligated to sign written confidentiality agreements, attend regular training on information protection, and comply with company policies concerning protection of confidential information. We are Cyber Essentials certified.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
- If you have any of these requests, get in contact by the methods below.
You may be able to block cookies via your browser settings but this may prevent you from access to certain features of the website.
Our Web Host
Links to other websites
CAERLAS.ORG contains links to other websites.
Following a link to CAERLAS.ORG from another website
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, we will take reasonable steps to let you know.
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact us if you:
- have any questions about anything in this document
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
Telephone: 01792 646071
Information and Quality Manager
The Customs House
Swansea. SA1 1RG
You can also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator. For details visit the ICO website www.ico.org.uk
Last updated 24 May 2018